Thursday, January 8, 2009

Old Arizona Photos...are you in one?

These were all taken when I visited in the August 1997.





RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MY AUGUST 1997 TRIP TO ARIZONA:

1) It was the first time I ever flew on an airplane by myself (and the only time by myself too).

2) It was also the first time I drove a stick-shift (thanks Alisha for taking me cruisin').

3) It was the first time I seen it rain (I mean...monsoon) in Arizona.

4) It was also where I first learned that if you want to cool down your car while driving, turn on the heat.

5) It was the first time I attempted to change a blown-out tire just minutes after Uncle Jack bragged that he had over 80,000 miles on those tires. And yes, we were in the middle of the desert near the Mexico border when we changed that tire.

6 comments:

Gram said...

Interesting memories you have about that trip. Didn't you hike down to Fossil Springs with your cousins too? Down wasn't bad, how was the up hill hike.

Ellyse V. Girod said...

There I am!!!!

sweet older sister said...

I wish I could have been there too. Love the cooling down the car trick! And the Uncle Jack's tire story is a classic! I'm sure all the Arizona relatives will enjoy your next visit and don't forget us orphans in California.

sandyseashells said...

That's great. I see all 3 of my kids. Brandi, Curt, David, and Me.
That picture in the pool cracks me up because it's "IN THE DEEP END", for our family! 5-1/2 FT deep? HA-HA! Great Memories! I know how much Curt enjoyed hanging out with you. Fun times! Thanks for sharing.

sandyseashells said...

The last picture of me, Victoria, and You was at the Famous
Bill Johnson's Big Apple Resturant.
Famous for there deep dish apple pie.

Dolce Vita said...

That is a funny post about the things you learned in AZ :). Love the pictures