Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I must admit...

Well, if you knew me well when I was in elementary school and into middle school, you would know that I use to be a big Full House fan. I've seen every episode multiple times, over and over again. Of course, now that I'm older, I watch it to see the corniness of it and hear the lame jokes and laugh at them for what they are. It reminds me of how different television is today.



So I have a confession....one that a couple of you already know, but while I was in San Francisco, I was determined to find the Full House house! I did research online and found the address, and low and behold...there it was. It was beautiful. It was magnificent. It was a middle school boy's dream come true. It was my Lone Ranger Red-Ryder BB Gun. I stood on the Tanner family's porch. Of course, I know that they didn't actually film anything there, but it was just a bit surreal for me to be there. The house looks the same for the most part, except instead of being solid white with a red door, it's a very light shade of gray with a black door. All of the architecture is the same, including the shrubbery outside (trust me, I compared my picture to the Full House house picture... ;p )



Along with the actual Full House house, I wanted to find the Victorian homes that are in the ending of the introduction credits. The part where they are having a picnic and Michelle is carrying the loaf of bread. I found out that it was located in Alamo Square and the houses are called the Painted Ladies houses. For those who might care, a Painted Lady is a Victorian home that has been painted with extreme detail in order to show off it's architecture (something I learned along the trip). That spot is also a spectacular view for a photo, and being that I collect skyline photos that I've taken, I had to add it to my collection of cities.

So in short, I am a geek. Once a geek, always a geek. I was there when Stephanie discovered her courage hangy ball. When Michelle got amnesia. When Danny started dating again. When Papouli died. When DJ got dumped. When Jesse bought the Smash Club. When Joey was on Star Search. All of the good and the bad times with the Tanner family from 1987 - 1995. Ahhh.....those were the years. TGIF was something to look forward to on Friday nights.



"What ever happened to predictability...the milkman, the paperboy, even TV..."

6 comments:

Lulu said...

Joey you asked, "What ever happened to predictability...the milkman, the paperboy, even TV..." I know it was a rhetorical question; however, I will answer them for you.

Predictability is still alive and well.

The milkman is still well and alive today.

TV - TV is what you make of it. At times it seems TV has gone to Hell in a hand basket, at other times TV is great. (Like when OSU plays Indiana or Michigan)

Well Joey, as you can see, the hour is late. Good night!

sandyseashells said...

Nice pictures. Thanks for the info. Christy sure is cute! Did you eat any of those oranges? I made some juice and it was sweet, (a little to my surprise). And the lemons I used on my halibut. It was very good.

Pedaling said...

i think it's great you got to live out your childhood fantasy! i like old fashioned shows...i used to love little house on the prairie, happy days and donny and marie...all pretty corny as well.

Jen said...

Full House was so funny when I was young and now, yes, completely corny. I think it is cool you sought out the house. Something my hubby would do.

sweet older sister said...

Love these pictures! I love architecture and these are classics! Thanks for sharing!

Nice side bar picture!

Krista said...

Uncle Jesse!!
Your pad ain't too bad either.