Monday, November 17, 2008

My Condo - Home Sweet Home!

Last year, I bought my first piece of real estate...a condo. I've enjoyed living in it so far and I have done many improvements, though most of them are just cosmetic. So basically, this blog s going to be a virtual tour on my home for those of you who have not been here to see. I have taken before and after pictures at the same angles to show you what I've done, with the before photo on the left, and the after on the right.

LIVING ROOM

This room is pretty big and I've added the nice 65" HD Flatscreen to complement it. My place is now the official home of future Superbowl games. I changed the walls from flat white to eggshell gray with an accented red wall (that continues down into the foyer), red valences for the windows, and other decor.












KITCHEN
The kitchen appliances haven't changed, but the paint job has and so has the furniture. I have added five bar chairs, a table and chairs set, and a decorative iron wine rack on the wall.












GUEST BATHROOM
I had to change the hideous green paint job from the previous owner in here right away. It was the first room I did. It's MUCH more comfortable now.

















THE OFFICE
The pink paint here also had to go quickly. I now use this room for my office, music, and art room, although I hardly ever use it since I usually sit with the laptop out in the living room.










MASTER BEDROOM
The wall color before was a salmon-like color, with some tan-ish or orange-ish hues, and an occassional pink hue. Not anymore! I added some dynamic with this random pattern.












MASTER BATHROOM
The master bathroom made you feel like you were in the clouds. I have painted it since and added artwork on the walls (after this photo was taken). I've toned down the green slightly. I added a bowed curtain rod for my shower. I've also added a cabinet unit behnd the toilet, and new towel racks.

7 comments:

Ellyse V. Girod said...

Dude, your place is awesome! Great improvements too, I'm especially impressed with your master bedroom wall. I'm not sure I would be gutsy enough to do that but it turned out perfect! I can't wait to have a home! ha

Pedaling said...

very nice.
have you ever thought of going into interior design?- you are good at it.
love the color improvements.
your home is very warm and inviting and pretty spacious too.

Lulu said...

Joey

sweet older sister said...

LOVE The red! Yep, I have to agree with the previous comments, the color changes are definitely for the better!

sandyseashells said...

Wow. Very Nice. You could decorate my place anytime! You have a great "eye" for this type of thing!

Jen Beals said...

Looks good, especially the master bedroom!

Unknown said...

Your master bedroom is fabulous! The colors – red, brown and cream – make such a beautiful blend. A condo with an own office – now, that’s convenient! :)

~ Lakisha Zimmerer